Kevin Mammino is a Health Science Specialist and Manager for the Physical Exercise Core Lab at the Atlanta VA’s CVNR. He obtained a B.S. in Exercise Physiology from the University of Florida. After graduation, Kevin worked at a pediatric rehabilitation facility for five years. In 2011, he began work for the VA’s Center of Excellence Brain Rehabilitation Research Center (BRRC) in Gainesville, Florida. During his tenure, Kevin worked for two different labs, the first for spinal cord injury, and the second for stroke-induced aphasia. The work in the aphasia lab led to a publication in the American Journal of Speech and Language Pathology.
In 2013, he transferred to the Atlanta VA working on several projects for the neuroimaging core. Under the direction of Drs. Joe Nocera, and Keith McGregor, Kevin develops and administers the exercise programs for the research participants, as well as assists with data collection and management, cognitive and physical function testing, and fMRI and TMS sessions. He has also earned certifications for Personal Training and Clinical Research Coordinator. In 2018, the CVNR added the Physical Exercise Core, and Kevin has taken on the role of Core manager.
Mr. Mammino is currently working on several projects in the CVNR.
- Effects of Aging on Cortical Excitability during Motor learning
- Graded Intensity Aerobic Exercise to Improve Cerebrovascular Function
- Neurovascular Regulation during Exercise in Humans with Chronic Kidney Disease
- Aerobic Exercise and Cognitive Training in Older Adults
- Partnered Dance Aerobic Exercise as a Neuroprotective, Motor, and Cognitive Intervention in Parkinson’s Disease
- Effects of Acute Exercise of Functional Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Measures of GABA in Aging and Chronic Stroke
- Effects of 12-weeks of High-Intensity Resistance Aerobic Circuit Exercise Training on Epigenetic Aging and Inflammation in Older HIV-infected Veterans
- Behavioral or Solifenacin Therapy for Urinary Symptoms in Parkinson’s Disease
Phone: (404) 321-6111 x 205396
Health Science Specialist
Physical Exercise Core Manager